SIMPLE raw vegan raspberry cheesecake
Well, I do love this raw vegan raspberry cheesecake recipe. I had borrowed and changed the recipe from Going Raw book. And although we are not rawterians, our family prefers to stay away from the refined sugar, gluten, or dairy. So this recipe serves pretty well with all our requirements. One of the superstar desserts we make.
Ingredients for raw vegan raspberry cheesecake:
- 2 cups (activated, IF YOU CAN BOTHER YOURSELF) nuts. Almonds or Pumpkin (my daughter didn’t notice the difference) seeds or other. Slightly roasted if you like a bit more taste to it.
- 2 cups Medjool dates
- 40 g or 3 TBLSP raw cacao (to taste)
- a dash of rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 3 large tablespoons of tahini
Put all the ingredients in food processor and process until it forms a ball. If the mixture is too dry, add a couple of table spoons of water. This base can be used separately to make ‘Bliss Balls’
- 3 cups of cashews (360 g) soaked at least 2 h
- 1 cup water or basic nut milk
- 3/4 cup maple or coconut syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lecithin powder (not I use 2 tbsp Agar-Agar and boil it in a cup of water mentioned above, gelatin is an option too if you are not vegan)
- 3/4 cup cacao or coconut butter, or a top from the coconut milk jar, or coconut oil (melted)
- 1,5 cups raspberries (fresh or defrosted)
Now, you do need to have a fairly powerful blender, I use Vitamix, to process the above ingredients. If this is not the case, approach the task in smaller batches with a stick blender or food processor.
Simply process altogether until creamy divine texture is reached. You might want to add more syrup or lemon juice according to your taste.
Pour the filling into the crust. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
Take out of the freezer and cut into pieces. Then you can keep the cake in the freezer for up to 1 month and take pieces out to defrost before enjoying them.
Let me know if you have any comments and and your ideas for the TOPPING please! Contact Us
Get the latest schedule
Signup for the latest timetable and to ask a question!