The Mums and Bubs Yoga class is on Thursdays at 9.45 am
Mums and bubs Yoga classes is a wonderful way for a new mum to get back to shape. This yoga class is for mums who are looking to strengthen their back and core muscles and work post-partum on the pelvic floor. Healthy Me Yoga offers gentle yoga exercises that will benefit both – mum and kids.
Note: Babies up to 12 months are allowed in this class but supervision remains parent’s responsibility.
Location: Mums and Bubs Yoga classes are held in Capalaba (close to Redlands, Brisbane, Bayside).
What you need to know about our Mums and bubs yoga classes:
- You are welcome to feed your baby.
- If the baby is unsettled, feel free to pop out for a minute or walk within the room.
- Please bring a rug and rattle for the baby. If your baby is not happy on the floor, you may also bring bumbo or bouncer, whatever makes them happy.
- Pram access is limited due to the studio being upstairs.
- Currently, this is a ladies only class, so ladies without children are allowed to the class.
Benefits of mum and baby yoga classes:
Benefits for mummies:
- Relief stress of having to be a mum 24h a day
- Tone the muscles of the pelvic floor
- Makes core muscles strong, fixes Diastasis recti/abdominal separation
- Strengthen muscles to support spine alignment post pregnancy
- Releases upper back tension from carrying and feeding your bub
- Helps normalise the hormones and post-partum baby blues and PND – postnatal depression
- Gently tones and strengthens your body after giving birth
- Keeps you calm and happy
- Ability to socialise with like minded mums and make new friends
Baby Yoga benefits:
- Helps baby’s natural immunity
- Supports your baby’s digestive system
- Supports baby’s development through baby yoga exercises songs, moves and eye contact
We focus both on mum and baby in our yoga classes. Toddler/ mums and Tots yoga classes are coming soon please contact Healthy Me Yoga to express your interest.
Testimonials of our mums:
Finally a mum & bubs class in the Redlands! So glad I found this class. Lana really works us mummas but also helps ground & relax us. It is exactly what Bub & I need! Great location, venue & mumma community- Dani Pepper
If you’ve got 4-5 y.o. child you can bring them to a dance class, while you do the yoga. There might be special combo price for that. Please enquire.
Limited pram acess, but you may leave your pram downstairs.