Pregnancy Yoga Capalaba is now held on Thursdays @ 9.30am!
Pregnancy yoga in Capalaba, classes are held outdoors, in the park. Stretch, relax and relieve stress
Come to our Pregnancy Yoga any time you’re looking for a little revitalisation. Find energy, strength, and flexibility while staying kind and gentle to yourself.
This Gentle Flow practice is recommended to pregnant ladies in their 2nd and 3rd trimester. Whether you are a complete beginner, lack strength or stretch, or have been injured, this practice will help you to have a relaxing, soothing, and restorative experience. Other women are welcome to the Gentle practice. As interest builds, we are planning on opening another time slot for Pregnancy Yoga class.
- There is a primary focus on hip opening, gentle lunging and twisting.
- Strengthen the body gradually by doing floor and seated postures, focusing on the healthy back and core.
- To aid this practice you will be provided with 2 blocks and a strap. They are of a great help to accommodate the postures to your own body needs.
- Asanas (yoga postures) are practiced at a slower rhythm with attention to alignment.
- Emphasis is on building awareness of the breath and the body.
- Yoga class ends with a restorative posture and a silent meditation. OM!
Gentle Flow Yoga is designed to accommodate to pregnant women or to other ladies who have limited strength, flexibility or have injuries. The sequence is simple, balanced in its variety and is intended to be calming and to reduce stress.
Pregnancy Yoga Benefits:
Studies suggest that pregnancy yoga can have various benefits for pregnant women as well as their babies. The major ones are the improved sleep, reduced stress and anxiety, increased strength and flexibility of muscles needed for childbirth.
- Pregnancy yoga tones the pelvic floor, hip, and core muscles, in preparation for the childbirth
- Pregnant women work on building trust that their bodies will open up to labor and birth
- Pregnancy yoga gives special time to bond with their growing baby
- Pregnancy yoga may become the cure if the woman is suffering from common pregnancy ailments such as nausea, insomnia, lower back pain, headaches, and shortness of breath.
- Research found that women who regularly practiced yoga during pregnancy were less likely to more likely to carry their babies to full term.
- Pregnancy yoga can become a support group, where women connect with each other and making the same choices and lifestyles changes.
- Pregnancy yoga prepares for the future Mums and Bubs Yoga too.
To unlock the address please sign up for the newsletter and receive an instant email with the details. Please check your SPAM folder, and move the email to the inbox.
Get the latest schedule
Signup for the latest timetable and to ask a question!